superhero

superhero

Sunday, January 16, 2011

exhausted

Sorry for the delay between posts.  It has been a long emotional week.  The physical and emotional strain of the last month I think has finally caught up with me - and by Friday afternoon I felt like I had hit a brick wall.

The information from Wednesday's meeting has started to sink in.  We took Superchuck for her bloodwork on Friday morning - what a trooper!  I held in my tears as she screamed getting the blood taken - I knew if I cried it would upset her even more.  It was over quickly though - and she was fine moments afterwards.  By Friday afternoon - I felt like I was going to pass out - and listened to my body and took a well deserved nap. 

We had a low key weekend - doing regular family things like swim lessons and a birthday party.  I feel like I've been a bit of a grumpy bum all weekend.  Thank goodness for Superchucks superpowers - she gives me no choice but to get up in the morning and take care of my family - and she rewards me with big smiles and giggles.  If it weren't for her or Stefan's positivity - I think I would have curled up in a ball in bed all weekend.

**********************************************************
An excerpt from a conversation between Stefan and I Saturday night:
me: "what am I going to do with you?"
Stefan: "well, if I was a horse, you'd shoot me, if I was a cow, you'd butcher me."
**********************************************************

We are so humbled by all the continuous support for Stefan.  His former students started a group on facebook called "Support Mr Lageston" - amazing comments - please check it out if you get a chance - it brought tears to my eyes!  I know what an amazing person Stefan is - but so nice to see it confirmed from so many others!

We feel so lucky to have such an amazing support network.  I know - it's crazy to feel lucky considering our situation - but we think of so many others in similar or worse situations who don't have the support network we do.  It has been so nice to just concentrate on my family - not having to worry about what to have for dinner.  I can't tell you how thankful I am!

Our to do list this week:
1. Follow up appointment with neuro surgeon on Tuesday
2. Hopefully an MRI (will phone Monday to find out if we have an appointment)
3. Hopefully find out if Stefan can drive?
4. A visit from my brother (and some game time with my brothers!)
5. A visit from a friend from south of the border

Charlotte on the bouncy castle at a friends birthday party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I'm new to this whole Blog thing so I apologize if this gets posted twice.

I wanted to let you know that Dean and I have opposite work schedules, so one of us is almost always home. When it comes time to zap Stefan, we are happy to help get him to his treatments and back and/or hangout with SuperChuck as well if you are working, or if you want to stay home with SuperChuck while we take him in.

Driving, we can do.

Waiting for Stefan, happy to do.

Hanging out with SuperChuck, just a big bonus!

We're already picking out some new hair pieces for him. We were thinking business in the front and all party in the back might be a good start for the first week or so.

We're here to help and your always in our thoughts.
Mel